The Casper College Kinser Jazz Festival is a noncompetitive, educational event that allows junior high, middle school, high school, college, and university music programs the chance to perform for audiences and expert adjudicators.
At the Casper College Kinser Jazz Festival every group receives:
• 30-minute warm-up immediately preceeding
• 30-minute performance time which includes set-up and tear down
• 30-minute off-stage clinic with an adjudicator immediately following their performance
• either adjudicated comments and rating or comments only for their performance, based on the director's preference
• an SD card with video files of your ensemble's performance and adjudicated clinic, and audio files of adjudicators' comments
- Review campus map for bus loading, unloading, and parking
- Review Casper College's emergency notification procedures.
- Submit your completed instrumental or vocal bibliography and stage set up forms online by Wednesday, February 4, 2015.
Two clearly marked check-in tables will be set up in the Music Building concourse, one instrumental and one vocal table, for check-in during the festival.
• check in on your performance day no later than 30 minutes before your performance time
• submit the two copies of the original scores your ensemble(s) will be performing
• have all of your questions answered by the knowledgeable attendant
• an assigned guide will lead your ensemble through the entire rotation
The Casper College Kinser Jazz Festival does not provide storage for coats, cases, etc. You may either bring those items with you as your ensemble moves through the rotation or leave them on your bus while you perform.
The basic stage set-up will be in place unless you complete the appropriate Stage Set-up Form. The completed Stage Set-up Form must be completed and submitted by Wednesday, February 4, 2015.
The festival provides the following equipment:
• Instrumental ensembles - risers, music stands and chairs, piano, electric bass and guitar amp, bass amp, drum set, vibes, conga drums, timbales, and a sound technician
• Vocal ensembles - risers, piano, electric bass amp, drum set, PA system, up to 16 microphones, and a sound technician
Completed adjudication packets (including adjudicator comments and ratings or adjudicator comments only, soloist awards, and original scores) as well as the SD card with all of the video and audio files will be available at the Registration table where you checked in not more than two hours after your performance. You are responsible for retrieving your packet. the Casper College Kinser Jazz Festival does not guarantee mailing your completed packet to your school after the festival.
Complimentary coffee and refreshments are available to directors in the Director's Hospitality Room, Music Building, room 130.
The Casper College Dining Hall is now located in the new Student Center and University of Wyoming at Casper Building (UU). See campus map.
Casper College is not responsible for lost or stolen items. However, we will keep any lost or found items turned into us at the registration desks. Original scores, if found, will be returned provided it is stamped with your school's name.
The safety of all campus employees and visitors is paramount. Please review the college's emergency notification channels. Sign up for mobile emergency alert notifications using "Casper College" as the site name.
Supported in part by a grant from the Wyoming Arts Council, through funding from the Wyoming State Legislature and the National Endowment for the Arts.