We've made some big changes for this, our 50th, festival.
Please be sure to read through the information below for all of the details!
The Casper College Kinser Jazz Festival is a non-competitive, educational event that gives junior high, middle school, high school, college, and university music programs the opportunity to perform for an audience and expert adjudicators.
|junior high/middle school
BEFORE THE FESTIVAL
- Review campus map with your driver for bus loading, unloading, and parking
- Review Casper College's emergency notification procedures
- Submit your completed instrumental or vocal adjudication form and stage set-up form online by Wednesday, February 1, 2017. The standard stage set-up will be in place unless you complete the online form.
AT THE FESTIVAL
- Storage - Coats, cases, and other equipment needs to be either left on your bus or stored in a practice room on the second floor of the music building. Casper College does not monitor these rooms and is not responsible for theft or damage.
- Check in - Check in at the registration table in the Music building atrium 30 minutes before your performance time. Please provide 2 copies of all of your scores at check-in. Your guide will be introduced and escort you through your entire performance rotation
- The festival provides the following equipment:
- Instrumental ensembles - risers, music stands and chairs, acoustic piano, bass amp, guitar amp, drum set (4-piece set with ride, crash, and hihat cymbals), vibraphone (minus mallets), congas, and a sound technician
- Vocal ensembles - risers, acoustic piano, bass amp, guitar amp, drum set, PA system, up to 16 microphones, and a sound technician
- Finished adjudication packets - Completed adjudication packets (including adjudicator comments and ratings or comments only, soloist awards, and your music scores) and a USB with video and audio files will be provided at the check-in table not more than two hours after your performance. You are responsible for retrieving your packet; the Casper College Kinser Jazz Festival does not guarantee mailing your completed packet to your school after the festival.
- Campus food service - The Tobin Dining Hall is located in the Student Union and University of Wyoming at Casper building (UU). See campus map. Food service tickets must be purchased by Wednesday, February 1, 2017. Buy tickets now!
- Lost and found - Casper College is not responsible for lost or stolen items. There is a lost and found at the Check-in table. Scores will be returned provided they are stamped with your school's name
- Security - The safety of all campus employees and visitors is paramount. Please review the college's emergency notification channels. Sign up for mobile emergency alert notifications.